Dear New Member,
Welcome to Clinton Hills Swim Club! We are so glad you have joined our community. Please review the below information for a helpful introduction to our club.
- Please review our rules.
- You may download our Bylaws and Lap Lane Etiquette.
- Need to contact a board member?
- Check out answers to some common questions.
- Read up on the history of Clinton Hills, Cincinnati’s first integrated private swim club.
Visiting the Club
- Reservations are made at our website and require a SEPARATE login from your member account login. If you have not yet received this login, please email email@example.com.
- We do not have entry cards. Simply share your full name with the front desk and they will pull up your member account and verify your identify by looking at your photos.
- Please make sure your member account includes an up to date, clear face photo of each family member.
- You can bring any drinks and food you would like (and use one of our many grills!) but please do not bring glass bottles to the club.
Activities at the Club
- Social Events – Most summers, we have a full calendar of social events. This includes an Opening Party on Memorial Day weekend, 2 movie nights, and a Closing Party near the end of the season.
- Tennis – we have two hard surface tennis courts that are available for use by members for an extended season. We offer free play, individual lessons, and clinics for both adults and children. Check out the details.
- Swim Team – Our Dolphins swim team is one of our longest running traditions. All club members ages 6 to 18 are eligible to participate. We ask that parents volunteers to assist in certain roles.
- Swim Lessons – Clinton Hills Swim Club offers free swim lessons to children between the ages of 9 months and 12 years.
- Water Polo – We host a water polo team at Clinton Hills for ages 11-18.
- Volleyball – we have a sand volleyball court that hosts regular games. For information, check with the front desk staff.
How Does the Club Operate?
- A volunteer Board of Trustees oversees the club. The Board meets monthly throughout the year. Board members serve a 2-year term and, as this is a working board, members are assigned a role such as president, treasurer, tennis liaison, social chair, etc. Open positions are publicized to the membership, or you can reach out if you would like to join.
- An Annual Meeting is held at the end of every swim season, and this is where the membership receives an update on the year, votes on important issues, and elects board members.
- The Board has contracted with Swim Safe Pool Management for operational management of the club. Swim Safe is a local company that handles our staffing, training, swim lesson, concessions, supplies and more.
- Many of our lifeguards and staff members are from member families. All hiring is conducted by Swim Safe the winter before we open. Check Swim Safe’s site for information on employment opportunities.
- We run an online shop with lots of Clinton Hills Swim Club and Swim team gear you can buy, including high quality personalized pool towels and other fun poolside accessories.
We hope this guide provides an overview of how our club operates, and how you can get involved. If you have any follow up questions, please reach out to us at any time.
Clinton Hills Swim Club Board of Trustees